Emergency Dentist Treatment
We do our best to accommodate people who require emergency dentist treatment. We will do our best to make sure you get seen on the day of your call, so we reserve appointments for serious dental emergencies, such as:
- The tooth needs to be re-implanted into its socket immediately.
- Try not to handle the tooth root to protect the fibres around the root surface.
- If possible, place the tooth back into the socket and splint in place with silver paper.
- DO NOT place the tooth in water.
- DO place the tooth in cold milk or on one side of your mouth between your teeth and cheeks
We can assist with emergency dental treatment covered by the ACC
Is my injury covered?
ACC can cover dental injuries caused:
ACC do not cover dental claims if the:
We can help you fill in forms if you meet the cover criteria and ACC will send a letter to you advising if the claim has been accepted.
Work and Income
Work and Income can provide financial assistance for urgent dental treatment.
If you’re on a low income or benefit, they may be able to help pay towards the cost of dental treatment, especially if it’s urgent.
You can find out more about this service and how to apply by contacting us for Free WINZ Quotes.